https://recipes.kyvol.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Kyvol-logo-300x94.png 0 0 kyvoladmin https://recipes.kyvol.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Kyvol-logo-300x94.png kyvoladmin2021-01-21 11:17:152021-02-20 04:04:28Falafel
PREP TIME: 20MIN COOK TIME: 20MIN SERVINGS: 5
- 1 cup of dry garbanzo beans
- 1 small red onion quartered
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsps chickpea ﬂour
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups of fresh cilantro stems removed
- 1 pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup of fresh ﬂat-leafed parsley stems removed
- Soak garbanzo beans in a large amount of cool water for 24 hours. Rub the soaked garbanzo beans with your ﬁngers to Spread garbanzo beans on a large clean dish towel to dry. help loosen and remove skins. Rinse and drain well.
- Blend garbanzo beans, cilantro, parsley, onion, and garlic in a food processor until a rough paste forms. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add chickpea ﬂour, coriander, cumin, sriracha, salt, and pepper, then mix well. Cover bowl and let mixture rest for 1 hour.
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the chickpea mixture. Mix by your hands until just combined.
- Form 15 equal-sized balls and press slightly to form patties. Spray falafel patties with cooking spray.
- Select the preset program of Preheat to preheat the air fryer.
- Place 7 falafel patties in the preheated air fryer, then select the Preheat program again.
- Set the temperature to 375℉/190℃ and the time to 10 minutes, then press Start/Stop to cook.
- For the remaining 8 falafels, cook them in the same manner.