Smashed Mexican-Style Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb baby red potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Select preset program of Preheat to preheat the air fryer.
- Place potatoes into air fryer.
- Set temperature to 400°F/200°C and set time to 10 minutes, then press Start/Stop to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Transfer potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet. Flatten each potato to 1/2-inch thickness using the bottom of a glass, or a potato masher. Coat potatoes in oil, cumin, garlic powder and paprika.
- Return potatoes to air-fryer. Set temperature to 400°F/200°C and cook for 8 to 12 minutes until crisp, flipping halfway through.
- Top potatoes with queso fresco and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Tip: Serve with your favorite salsa!