Crispy Air-Fried Halloumi with Hot Honey Sauce
- Air Fryer
- 1 piece (8.8-ounce) halloumi cheese, cut into 3/4-inch-thick cubes
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Select preset program of Preheat to preheat the air fryer.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, smoked paprika and cayenne in a small bowl. Place flour and eggs in 2 separate small bowls. Dredge cheese cubes in flour, shaking off any excess, then into egg and bread crumbs.
- Place breaded cheese in air fryer.
- Set temperature to 375°F/190°C then press Start/Stop and cook for 12 to 15 minutes until golden-brown, flipping halfway though.
- Meanwhile, combine honey and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Serve halloumi with hot honey sauce for dipping.
- Tip: Serve halloumi over your favorite salad for a crispy, cheesy twist!