Crispy Cornmeal Cod
- Air Fryer
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 (6-ounce) cod fillets
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp celery seed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Select preset program of Preheat to preheat the air fryer.
- Combine cornmeal, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Add eggs to a separate medium bowl.
- Dip fish fillets into egg, then into cornmeal mixture, evenly coating each fillet.
- Spray crisper tray with olive oil cooking spray and place breaded fillets into the air fryer.
- Select Preheat program again, and set temperature to 320°F/160°C and time to 12 to 14 minutes, then press Start/Stop to cook. Repeat with remaining breaded fish.
- Meanwhile, toss cabbage, carrot, mayonnaise, chives, vinegar and celery seed in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve breaded fillets with cabbage mixture and lemon wedges.
- Tip: Use halibut, tilapia or mahi mahi in substitution for cod.