- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl. Add flour and eggs to 2 separate medium bowls.
- Dip eggplant slices into flour, then into egg, and then bread crumbs, evenly coating each eggplant.
- Select preset program of Preheat to preheat the air fryer.
- Working in batches, place half of the coated eggplant slices in the air fryer.
- Set temperature to 375°F/190°C and time to 14 to 16 minutes then press Start/Stop to cook, flipping halfway through until golden-brown.
- Top eggplant with 1 to 2 tablespoons marinara and 2 tablespoons mozzarella.
- Set temperature to 375°F/190°C and time to 1 to 2 minutes then press Start/Stop to cook until cheese is melted.
- Toss pasta with remaining marinara sauce.
- Serve pasta with eggplant, and garnish with basil.
- Tip: Substitute the spaghetti with your favorite pasta shape!