Fiesta Turkey Burger
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 sesame seed buns, lightly toasted
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced thick
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Combine turkey, jalapeno, 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, salt, cayenne and paprika in large bowl.
- Form mixture into 3 patties and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Select preset program of Preheat to preheat air fryer.
- Spray crisper tray with olive oil cooking spray and place patties into the air fryer.
- Set temperature to 400°F/200°C then press Start/Stop and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until fully cooked, flipping halfway though.
- Top patties with cheese and set temperature to 400°F/200°C then press Start/Stop and cook for 1 minute until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise with remaining cumin and lime juice.
- Serve patties on sesame seed buns with mayonnaise mixture, avocado, tomato and shredded lettuce.
- Tip: Use ground beef in substitution for ground turkey to create a traditional beef burger!