Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
- Air Fryer
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 each large red and green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1-inch) knob ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Soak 8 to 10 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread skewers with chicken, pineapple and bell peppers and red onion, alternating ingredients evenly.
- Brush skewers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Select preset program of Preheat to preheat air fryer.
- Working in batches, place half the skewers in the air fryer.
- Select Preheat program again, and set temperature to 400°F/200°C and time to 12 to 14 minutes, then press Start/Stop to cook until fully cooked. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Brush sauce over skewers and serve.
- Tip: Leftover sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.