North Carolina-Style Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add in apple cider vinegar, sugar, ketchup, mustard cayenne and black pepper.
- Let marinate for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Select the preset program of Chicken and set the timer to 15 to 20 minutes, then press Start/Stop to roast until lightly browned, brushing every 3 to 5 minutes with remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Fold in broccoli, cranberries, bacon, cheese and red onion.
- Serve chicken with broccoli salad.
- Tip: Broccoli salad can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.