Southwest Stuffed Peppers
- Air Fryer
- 1 (12-ounce) package fully cooked smoked chicken sausage, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp Southwest seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 medium mixed-color bell peppers, tops removed, and seeded
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Select preset program of Preheat to preheat the air fryer.
- Combine sausage, tomato sauce, rice, beans, corn and Southwest seasoning in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon sausage mixture into each pepper.
- Place stuffed peppers into the air fryer.
- Set temperature to 375°F/190°C and time to 10 minutes, then press Start/Stop to cook until peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle cheese over peppers and set temperature to 375°F/190°C and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with avocado, jalapeño and cilantro.
- Tip: Serve with sour cream and extra shredded cheese.