Strawberry Hand Pies
- Air Fryer
- 7 1/2 ounces frozen pie dough thawed
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- Select the preset program of Preheat to preheat air fryer.
- Unroll pie crust and cut into 4 (4.5-inch) circles. Re-roll pie crust trimmings, and cut out 2 more circles.
- Fill the center of each round with 1 heaping tablespoon of jam.
- Brush the edge of each round with egg.
- Fold pie rounds in half and crimp seams together using the tines of a fork.
- Cut 3 small vents at top of each hand pie with a sharp knife.
- Brush tops with egg and sprinkles turbinado sugar over each hand pie.
- Place 2 hand pies in the air fryer.
- Select Preheat program again and set the temperature to 375°F/190°C and time to 6 to 7 minutes then press Start/Stop to bake until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining hand pies.
- Tip: Serve hand pies hot with vanilla ice cream.
- Tip: Substitute your favorite fruit jam, or combine 2 flavors for a twist!