Thai Fish Cakes with Mango Salsa
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 green onion ﬁnely chopped
- 1½ tsps red chili paste
- 1.76 oz ground coconut
- Food processor
- 3 tbsps fresh coriander or ﬂat-leafed parsley
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 0.6 lb white ﬁsh ﬁllets cod/tilapia/pangasius/pollack
- Peel the mango and cut it into small cubes., then mix the mango cubes with ½ tsp red chili paste, 1 tbsp coriander, and the juice & zest of half a lime in a bowl .
- Smash the ﬁsh in the food processor, then mix it with 1 egg, 1 tsp salt, the remaining lime zest, red chili pastes and the lime juice. Next, mix again with the remaining coriander, the green onion and 2 tbsps ground coconut.
- Put the remaining ground coconut on a soup plate. Divide the ﬁsh mixture into 12 portions,then shape them into round cakes and coat them with the remaining ground coconut.
- Select the preset program of Preheat to preheat the air fryer.
- Brush one side of the ﬁsh cakes with oil, then place 6 ﬁsh cakes into the preheated air fryerwith the oil side facing down.
- Select Preheat program again, set the temperature to 350℉/180℃ and the time to13-18 minutes, then press Start/Stop to cook. Fry until golden brown on one side, then ﬂip over to cook again with the same temperature and time. Fry the remaining 6 ﬁsh cakes in the same manner.
- Serve the ﬁsh cakes with the mango salsa.